Year 4 students will start the Cambridge ICT Starters: Next Steps 1 and 2 books. They have been designed to support learners who are following the Cambridge Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Starters syllabus. This book provides full coverage of all the modules. The sections of the book correspond to the modules and follow the order in which the modules appear in the syllabus. The book builds on keyboard skills and basic routines, such as emailing, handling data, spreadsheet management, creating and editing written work, and handling images. The activities in the book use Microsoft ® Office 2007 software and Windows ® 7.
It correlates to the UK National Curriculum. It provides a gateway for students to progress to higher ICT qualification levels equivalent to UK IGCSE / O-Level or GCE A-Level set according to the UK National Curriculum. The learning objectives of the Starter syllabus also meet the Texas technology standards at the Elementary and Middle School level (Texas’ technology standards are followed by the whole of the US). Therefore, students can be assessed reliably against performance standards set in an international context, which is an advantage when applying for school placement, encourages the students to obtain wider ICT skills, and last, but not least strengthens the students’ confidence.
Year 4 – ICT
We cover the following units
- Unit 1 – “Exploring Documents” from “Next Steps 1”
- Unit 3 – “Exploring Spreadsheets” (4280) from “Next Steps 1”
- Unit 1 – “Exploring Programming” (4282) from “Next Steps 2”
- Unit 2 – “Exploring Images” (4279) from “Next Steps 1”
- Unit 3 – Exploring Email” (4284) from “Next Steps 2”
Below there are details of what Year 4 covers in the First Semester.
- The rules of the ICT room
- Google drive, LMS, Google docs, docs toolbar
- Watch a video about E-Safety
- Making a poster about E-safety
- Making a Brochure about E-Safety
- Making a newspaper that targets two different audiences.
- Create a Word-Skills document
- Introduction to Excel
- Create an Autofill document
- Introduction to formulae
- Creating charts
- Programming in MSW Logo
- Programming in Scratch
Below there are details of what Year 4 covers in the Second Semester.
- Graphics file types. Differences between vectors and bitmaps.
- Introduction to Photopea.com How to create layers and using the tools.
- Google search for a famous cartoon character, e.g. Donald duck
- Creating an animated GIF animation using Photopea
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes