HTML5 is a markup language used for structuring and presenting content on the World Wide Web. It is the fifth and last major HTML version that is a World Wide Web Consortium recommendation. The current specification is known as the HTML Living Standard. HTML5 is the latest specification and is a major break from previous HTML markup practices. Most of the changes are a result of larger objectives in the design of the language. They include:
- Encouraging meaningful markup
- Separating design from content
- Promoting accessibility and responsiveness
- Supporting rich media experiences while eliminating the need for plugins such as Flash or Java
Steve Job’s public condemnation of Flash for its inferiority to HTML5 in a publication called, “Thoughts on Flash,” initiated Flash’s dissent toward obsoletion. IOS’s incompatibility with Flash and YouTube’s shift from Flash to HTML5 were both important events that marked the tipping point between old and new. Google Chrome is now the most popular web browser and has stopped supporting Flash on any version of their browser. This means that a large number of Flash-based websites are having to switch to HTML5 to retain their customers.
HTML5 helps developers create advanced web apps that are very responsive and fit on the screen of any computer-related device (Smartphone, laptop, desktop, etc.). It can improve the visibility of the website with animations and its visual appearance. In terms of creating something with HTML%, there are a number of methods I would recommend you look at.
- If you want a free advert like the one below for your website, I would recommend you use Visme. This website takes away the need to understand any programming language. Once you have created an account, you choose a template and then configure the text, images, and smart elements, etc. When you have finished, click save and then publish. You can then select to use an embed code. You can then log into your website and paste the program into code view
- If you want to create an advert that works with Google Adwords, I would recommend you download the Google Web Designer application. Applications made with it work seamlessly with other Google products, like Google Drive, Display & Video 360, and Google Ads, etc.
- If you want some help, please do contact me